Men of Shakespeare Two: This morning's class was really fun. I am so looking forward to a fun semester with you all. Here's my sonnet for you:
As I begin this spring semester now
I wonder how to make first per'yod fun
With projects cool and essays that go POW!
Some joy before their senior year is done.
I worry I might prove to be a bore
When I but wish to be so awesome cool.
'Cause Shakespeare rocks and rolls! It's not a chore!
It's my true love and why I come to school!
Yet when I see each bright and shiny face
Each morning looking up in me in class
I know my path to teaching in this case
Will prove to be the funnest! A real gas!
No senioritis will befall you men
And on that scale this class will prove a ten!
"Dreadful College Admissions" - the Sonnet I composed overnight.
ReplyDeleteComposing a sonnet was not as easy as it sounded. As I began to work on it, I realized that writing something in iambic pentameter as well as having it rhyme was pretty hard! Iambic pentameter is not easy to work with. I must have looked really silly as I said words in iambic rhythm aloud. Although that helped, I realized how out of rhythm it still came out to be this morning. For the rhyme scheme, I used rhyme zone, a rhyming dictionary that greatly helped. Something that I will for sure remember next time i write a sonnet is to use one word syllables! They'll surely make my sonnet easier to write. A lot of fun though, Mr Wolfe!
It is from the things at which we fail we learn the most! I'm glad you enjoyed the challenge!
Delete